Tuesday, November 17, 2009

principal/principle

Let's make this one short and sweet. I'm a little behind today, so time is at a premium. Don't get so upset. I'm not blaming you. Geez!

The word principal means "the highest or most important." What is your principal argument? This is my principal reason for not going. I still see my middle school principal every once in a while. Do you remember the way you were taught this one? The principal is your pal. Hokey I know, but it works.

A principle is a basic truth or law. Chivalry was the principle all knights followed during the Middle Ages. I love King Arthur tales, don't you?

Now that you know the difference, your principal goal should be to not forget, which would obviously compromise your principles.

I don't know what that means either.

No comments:

Post a Comment